2015 IAWTV Awards Guidelines
The 4th Annual IAWTV Awards will be held on April 15, 2015 in Las Vegas as part of NMX and NAB Show at the Westgate Hotel/Convention Center.
- Submissions Open: January 15, 2015
- Submissions Close: Feb 15, 2015
- Nominees Announced: March 3, 2015
- Base submission (includes 5 categories): $95
- Additional Category Price: $15
- Unlimited Category Package: $195
IAWTV Member Pricing
- Member Base Submission: $45
- Member Additional Category: $10
- Member Unlimited Package: $125
General Conditions of Entry - These apply to all entrants regardless of category.
All entrants are required to accept the following terms and conditions as part of the entry process. The International Academy of Web Television reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or issue binding rules on any matter not included in these terms and conditions as needed. Such decisions shall be final.
1. For all categories except for Best Non-English Series and Best Children’s Series, only episodes of a web series that were either completed or released during the defined eligibility period of December 1, 2013 through February 15, 2015 (hereinafter “eligibility period”) are permitted to be entered for consideration in the 2015 IAWTV Awards and only so long as at least 2 or more episodes of the web series were completed or released within the eligibility period. Note that submitters may enter content which has been completed but not yet released to the 2015 IAWTV Awards, but then may not submit the same content to future years’ awards, regardless of eventual release date.
1a. For the categories of Best Non-English Series and Best Children’s Series, the clause in (1) applies, except that the eligibility period begins January 1, 2013 through February 15, 2015.
2. Only the owner(s) or authorized representative(s) may enter a submission for consideration. Submitted works must be from a “web series”.
3. A “web series” is defined as a series of two (2) or more episodes held together by the same title, trade name or mark, or identifying personality common to all the episodes that initially aired and was distributed anywhere in the world via the Internet using website technology (e.g., .com, .net, .biz, .org, etc...), or is intended to distribute in such a way as the primary form of distribution. Exclusions from this are works such as previews, trailers, sizzle reels, commercials, any sequences from feature-length films for theatrical distribution or homevideo release, aired and unaired episodes of established TV series delivered on free network broadcast television, pay television and all forms of cable television, and any unsold traditional TV series pilots. If your series has been re-packaged as a digital feature, it may be eligible, however your entry must contain material only from the original web series format. Any entry containing content deemed to be from something other than a web series (with the exception of material provided in the Best Transmedia Experience Category), shall be subject to disqualification.
4. All submissions and entry fees must be received by 11:59pm PST on Feb 15, 2015, unless a revised date is announced by the IAWTV. All submissions must be received and paid for via the IAWTV’s online entry system. There will be no exceptions.
5. Each entrant is responsible for ensuring their entry contains correct information and that there is no technical fault preventing playback online for IAWTV members during judging. Failure to do so may result in the entry being disqualified disqualified without refund if a minimum number of jurors are unable to rate it. Note that our membership is international, and therefore submissions must be viewable in all regions to ensure all members will be able to vote on them, should they advance to the nominee phase.
6. The name, social media and credit details entered under each entry will be published if that entry becomes a finalist and/or winner. Please ensure these details are correct at the time of entry. Personal contact details such as phone and email addresses will be kept confidential.
7. A discounted entry fee is available to entrants who are Active Members of the IAWTV. An “Active Member” is any natural person who has met the criteria for membership set forth in the most current policy adopted by the IAWTV and whose annual dues has been paid on or before their date of submission.
8. There will be two phases of judging. Phase 1 shall consist of curated teams of jurors for each category, with expertise in the selected category, who are not in conflict with any submission in that category. These jury teams will rate the submission in that category and the combined scores will be used to determine the top five entries in each category. In the event of a tie, there may either be a sixth nominee named, or an additional juror will be assigned to break the tie. Phase 2 shall be open to all members of the IAWTV who are in good standing, and became members prior to February 15, 2015. Phase 2 shall commence on March 3, 2015 through March 25, 2014 and will consist of members of the IAWTV voting on all nominees determined in Phase 1. Winners will be announced on April 15, 2015 in Las Vegas.
9. Phase 2 voting on the IAWTV Awards shall be by the Active Members of the IAWTV. Only Active Members who joined the IAWTV on or before Feb 15, 2015 shall be allowed to vote on the IAWTV Awards. There shall be no exceptions.
10. If in the opinion of the IAWTV none of the entries in any category meets the criterion of excellence, the category may be eliminated. If a category is not awarded due to this condition, no refund will be made.
11. In any instance where there are insufficient entries in a category the entries will not proceed and no award shall be made at the discretion of IAWTV. If no award shall be made because of insufficient entries your entry fee will be refunded.
12. Any entrant wishing to withdraw their submission from the awards should contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Feb 28, 2015.
13. Upon completed submission the entrant hereby grants a non-exclusive license of the entry to the IAWTV to reproduce stills, clips, and/or logos for worldwide promotional usage on the IAWTV Awards website, IAWTV social media including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, IAWTV affiliate web sites, the Award show web site, online, print and TV advertising creatives, and media coverage.
14. The entrant must declare if the entry is subject to any dispute or litigation with a third party. To make a declaration please email email@example.com.
15. The success of the IAWTV Awards relies on complete confidentiality until the winners are publicly announced during the live Awards event which is scheduled to be held April 15, 2015 in Las Vegas during NMX and NAB Show. All entrants are required to adhere to this condition; failure to do so could result in disqualification. The IAWTV will make all announcements concerning nominees and winners.
16. The IAWTV decisions regarding the IAWTV Awards will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Member submission rates are permissible to be used by Active Members of the IAWTV only. Any misuse of a these rates is subject to disqualification of the submission without refund.
18. Highlight Reels may be accepted in some categories for consideration instead of an episode, if the submitter feels that is the best way to demonstrate excellence in the category. For example, if a performer appears in several short scenes across multiple episodes, a submitter may want to create a reel of those scenes for consideration. Highlight reels must contain only material from episodes created or broadcast in the qualifying period. Highlight reels must contain material cut directly from the source material in qualifying episodes without further manipulation other than trimming. Enhanced sizzle reels, trailers, montages, or any changes to music, composition, color, or visual fx are not acceptable, and may result in disqualification.
19. The IAWTV reserves the right to withdraw an Award from a winner at a later date without refund if the IAWTV later finds that the entrant did not comply with any of these entry conditions.